Saturday 17 December 2016

The Journey Begins...

And so there we were, planning our trip to Hong Kong when a friend, who had traveled there before mentioned that this was the best place to go for tailoring.

She knew this would resonate with me, being an established clothes hoarder, so I gathered up a range of items that I was hoping could be easily and if I'm honest cheaply, cloned during my trip.

Having trawled the Nathan Road in Kowloon and visited a handful of tailors on both the mainland and the island, it became quickly apparent that there were little bargains to be had.

When I inquired how much it would cost to replicate one of my favourite dresses (seen below), in a simple cotton fabric I was surprised that the quotes ranged from £220 -£250; and yes I will repeat this was not in silk or cashmere but simple cotton.


When I returned home and relayed my disappointment to said friend she replied at those prices I would be better off sewing it myself and so an idea was born.

That was 8 weeks ago (November 1st 2016) and subsequently I have been on, what can only be described as a very steep, frustrating but productive learning curve.

The purpose of this blog therefore is twofold;

To help me document my journey into an area I never imagined I would venture and secondly to share this with others who may be about to embark on such a journey and other enthusiasts in general.
I will include the standard disclaimer,  that I share all information in good faith and if I do include any information that you have a view on,  I am open and happy to discuss.

Thank you for reading and for joining me on this new quest.

 If you've enjoyed this, or any of my posts, you are always welcome to comment, share or subscribe. Thanks for reading and have a great day.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment below.