Monday 26 December 2016

The Sewing Course

With one project under my belt, the universe must have felt I was ready to move on, as a few days later I received an email regarding weekend activities and one option was an "introduction to sewing" course.

I enthusiastically signed up and after 4 hours I was au fait with putting in invisible zips, had used an over-locker and created French and flat felt seams -all in all a really productive afternoon.

Returning home with the creative buzz still alive I decided to create the simplest of bags which basically involves folding a tea towel. sewing the side seams and adding straps.



I subsequently went to the library and, having found that they had a good range of beginner sewing books, was also able to create this soft toy below;


so within a short space of time, I felt as though sewing was not as difficult as I'd first imagined.
Little did I know I would be eating these words soon enough!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment below.